Dr. Bipin B Vibhute is currently a Senior Consultant in Liver Transplantation & Hepato-Pancreatic and Biliary (HPB) Oncosurgeon at the Sahyadri group of hospitals in Pune. Well known liver specialist in Pune.
Before joining the Sahyadri group, he was Consultant surgeon in a busy Multi-visceral transplant & HPB unit at the Apollo Hospitals in Chennai.
He has accumulated an experience of more than 600 liver transplants (DDLT & LLDT) with more than 250 liver transplants as a primary surgeon. He is abreast with current knowledge in the field and considers Liver Transplantation in adults or children as his passion and primary interest in addition to complex HPB surgery.
In addition, he was active in providing critical management of patients with complex medical & surgical problems with a multidisciplinary approach to optimise best patient care.
Prior to becoming a Consultant at The Apollo Hospitals, he undertook a fellowship in Liver Transplantation & HPB surgery in the same hospital. He has also spent a year with Prof Dr. Anil Vaidya world renowned for Pancreatic & Multivisceral transplantation from Oxford University, UK.
Furthermore, he has been honoured with two prestigious fellowships in minimal access surgery & trained in advanced GI Onco-surgery.
Dr. Vibhute was active team member of Asia’s first successful en-block heart-liver transplantation. He has the maximum experience in-situ split liver transplants. He is the most experienced doctor for simultaneous kidney-pancreas transplants in India. He was also involved in Asia’s first successful ischiopygopagus separation.
His tenure at the Apollo Hospitals encompassed more than 6 years and was focused on a variety of abdominal organs transplanted as detailed below:
- Liver Transplantation including Living (LDLT) & Deceased Donor Liver transplantation (DDLT)
- Kidney transplantation
- Combined Liver – Kidney Transplantation
- Small Bowel Transplantation
- Simultaneous Kidney- Pancreas transplantation
- Modified multi-visceral transplantation
- Isolated Small Bowel Transplantation
- Complex HPB procedures
To sharpen his management skills he has completed MBA in Hospital & Health Care Management and Human Resources from prestigious NIBM institute.
- He was active team member of Asia’s first successful en-block heart-liver transplantation
- Has the maximum experience in-situ split liver transplants
- Was involved in five consecutive liver transplants in less than 24 hrs.
- Has the most experience with simultaneous kidney-pancreas transplants in India,
- Was involved in Asia’s first successful ischiopygopagus separation
- Has been involved with the maximum numbers of Deceased Donor Domino Liver transplantation, Modified Multivisceral & Small Bowel Transplantation
He is member of several prestige professional organisations like
- Life Member Maharashtra Medical Council (MMC)
- Life member of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT)
- Member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Member of Association minimal access surgery (AMAS)
- Member of Indian Association of Gastro-endosurgery (IAGeS)
- Member of Indian Association of Colorectal Surgery (IACS)
- Member of Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (ASG)
- Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences (NAMS)
He strives to use cutting edge affordable technology with world-class transplant facilities to patients in India with End Stage Liver Disease. His vision is to make clinical care patient-centric & affordable without compromising on its quality so that it can benefit many more people in India.